FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System
The FreeStyle Libre Sensor
The FreeStyle Libre Sensor represents technology that is much less intrusive than traditional blood glucose monitoring and makes glucose testing hassle-free9.
- Small size (35 mm x 5 mm)
Discreet - convenient to wear under clothing10
- Designed to stay on the body for up to 14 days
Only needs to be applied once every 2 weeks
- Requires no finger prick calibration
Eliminates painful finger pricks needed for calibration
You can lead an active lifestyle
- 9 The FreeStyle Libre system liberates you from the hassles of glucose monitoring. In a 2013 US study conducted by Abbott Diabetes Care, 95.7 % of patients surveyed (n=30) agreed that the FreeStyle Libre system reduces the hassles of glucose monitoring. Data on file.
- 10 The reader can capture data from the sensor when it is within 1cm to 4cm of the sensor.
- 11 Sensor is water-resistant in up to 1 metre (3 feet) of water for a maximum of 30 minutes.
The FreeStyle Libre Reader
The FreeStyle Libre reader harnesses advanced sensor-based technology to read glucose data, then instantly displays the data in a meaningful, user-friendly way.
- Compact and lightweight12
Easy to hold and carry around12
- Provides easy to read graphs
Offers easy-to-understand graphs with a quick summary of glucose history
- Backlit colour touchscreen
Enhances the user experience, can be read in the dark
- Stores 90 days of glucose data
Provides a complete glucose picture over 3 months13
- 12 Reader dimensions 95 mm x 60mm x 16 mm and weight 65 grams.
- 13To get a complete glycaemic picture over the last three months, the sensor must be replaced every fourteen days and the sensor must be scanned at least once every eight hours