Step by step guide to activate your FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor
SCANNING YOUR FREESTYLE LIBRE 2 SENSOR
Download the freestyle librelink app
With the free to download FreeStyle LibreLink app you can check your glucose levels with a simple scan and set up optional real-time alarms.∅
Note: If you already have the FreeStyle LibreLink app on your phone, ensure it is updated to the latest version.
- Automatically¥ receive alarms when glucose level is too low or too high.
- Easy to see glucose reports and trends to help you make insulin dosing decisions.
- Shows up to 8 hours of glucose history.
- Estimated A1c reports and option to share your glucose data with loved ones and healthcare professionals.
NOT ABLE TO USE THE FREESTYLE LIBRELINK APP?
If you are not able to download and use the FreeStyle LibreLink app, you may request a FreeStyle Libre 2 reader.
Request a reader:
- NDSS verification
- Device compatibility
- Reader order form
Are you currently using the FreeStyle LibreLink App?
You don't need a FreeStyle Libre 2 reader
Looks like you are sorted! You can use the FreeStyle LibreLink App on your smartphone with FreeStyle Libre 2 sensors - an easy and convenient way to measure glucose on the go!
You can use the FreeStyle LibreLink App on your smartphone with FreeStyle Libre 2 sensors - an easy and convenient way to measure glucose on the go!I still require a FreeStyle Libre 2 reader
Unfortunately, we have not been able to verify your access with the NDSS at this stage.
You have successfully placed the order for FreeStyle Libre 2 reader. You will be notified when your order is dispatched.
Applying your sensor
- Choose your sensor application site
- Select an area of skin on the back of your upper arm that generally stays flat during normal daily activities (no bending or folding).
- Avoid areas with moles, scarring or tattoos.
- Clean the application site with soap and water, then use an alcohol wipe to clean the site again and allow your arm to air dry.
- Open your sensor pack
- Line up the dark mark on the sensor applicator with the dark mark on the sensor pack.
- On a hard surface like a table, press firmly down on the sensor applicator until it comes to a stop.
- Apply your sensor
- Place the sensor applicator over the prepared site and push down firmly to apply the sensor to your body.
- Gently pull the sensor applicator away from your body. The sensor should now be attached to your skin. Make sure the sensor is secure.
Setting up your FreeStyle LibreLink app
- easy steps to set up your smartphone app
- Once you've downloaded and launched the FreeStyle LibreLink app, tap "Get started" now.
- Make sure you confirm the country and create an account∅
- Once you have applied your sensor, you're ready to scan.
- Tap one of scan buttons, hold your phone near the sensor and you'll hear 2 tones (or feel 2 vibrations). Wait 60 minutes. Scan again and have a look: your first scan is completed!
Easy steps to set up optional alarms
- Click on the menu and select alarms.
- On the following page, click Low Glucose Alarm.
- Switch off the option to the left to activate alarms.
- Alarms are now on.
Signal Loss Alarm is automatically turned on when glucose alarm is turned ON; Signal Loss Alarm: Notifies you when your sensor has not communicated with the app for 20 minutes and you are not receiving Low or High Glucose Alarms.
Get the most out of your FreeStyle Libre system
Sign up for complimentary FreeStyle LibreCare program and receive ongoing support and updates to help you get the most out of your FreeStyle Libre system. You may unsubscribe at any time.
¥ The FreeStyle Libre 2 system has optional glucose alarms. Alarms need to be turned on in order to receive low and high glucose alarms.
Ø FreeStyle LibreLink is a mobile application. Use of FreeStyle LibreLink requires registration with LibreView, a service provided by Abbott and Newyu, Inc. Data charges may apply when downloading the FreeStyle LibreLink or LibreLinkUp apps. FreeStyle Libre readers and sensors are provided by Abbott.
The FreeStyle LibreLink app is only compatible with certain mobile devices and operating systems. Please check our compatibility guide for more information about device compatibility before using the app. The FreeStyle LibreLink app and the FreeStyle Libre reader have similar but not identical features.
Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC